Tuesday, October 2, 2018

When Peace Like a River

Good Tuesday morning! All that is left of Hurricane Rosa are Gianna and Paulinos footprints!

Monday morning we woke to what we thought would be a tropical depression Rosa. The clouds were crazy amazing and kept us on our toes all day! Even the moon waited around to see what was going to happen! 






I am not sure why I am writing this blog or if I will even post it but it is more of a praise than a post! 

God had placed a peace in my heart but I was afraid to say it because of something someone once told me! You are always saying God told you this or that! Well I only say that when I know in my heart it was God! And yes I know it was God, and then Gianna said Mommy no water is going to come in our house! My mother in law said it is not going to rain here. Well then I started hearing the details of the flood of 2010! Yep the kids almost drowned the water up to my mom in laws neck! 
The Facebook was full of details. On our wedding day Paulino had to borrow a 4x4 to even get into his moms road to pick her and our wedding food up! It flooded two years in a row when we moved here and God kept the water out of our house. So I started listening to the louder voices more than the still small voice. 

This verse kept playing in my head and heart. You see we had no emergency ready kit, no canned goods, put we did have an upstairs room to run to. 

John 14:27 Amplified Bible (AMP)

27 Peace I leave with you; My[perfect] peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. [Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge.]

I used to be a person who did not fear anything actually I would do some crazy things knowing God was with me!
Then I got married and had kids and fear swept in!!! Like a flood! I have not been to the states with Gianna in a few years because someone on the bus threatened me. And so many other things that happen while we were there.
I have heard the song Fear doesnt live no more! Well why did it ever live in my heart and more in my mind!
My God has been amazing in filling my heart with joy through the hard times. So many people in the faith I look up to asked if we were ready!! We have been living in a season I call our daily bread and like the manna there is nothing to bring into tomorrow.  Which God has used to say DO NOT FEAR!
All three of us had peace! Paulino was like we just need to continue with daily life. Although he did cut hair under our roof instead of outside in the open lol

I think about those that did receive the water and flood that Hurricane Rosa brought and I am sorry for them. However this lesson for me is not about a hurricane it is about Peace Like A River

The words are so true and as I see Pastor Wade singing it and me running into Gods arms! I am reminded of the day I met him and he told me your good deeds are no better than anyones, and those that have sinned against you are no worse than your sins! TRUTH!!!

I can not thank God for keeping us safe but most of all for speaking to our hearts!!!! Gianna has an amazing spiritual connections and is truly her name meaning the Grace of GOD!



1 When peace like a river attendeth my way,
when sorrows like sea billows roll;
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well with my soul."
Refrain (may be sung after final stanza only):
It is well with my soul;
it is well, it is well with my soul.
2 Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
let this blest assurance control:
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
and has shed his own blood for my soul. Refrain
3 My sin oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
my sin, not in part, but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more;
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! Refrain
4 O Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
the trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend;
even so, it is well with my soul. Refrain 
My prayer in all this was Jesus if you are coming back right now take us all please to see Jose and YOU!

1 comment:

  1. I remember my short visit, thank you for letting me see the work you do and opening my heart to do more!the road back on the San Antonio grade was awash as we passed through, a disaster waiting for a cloudburst to join in the previous downpour and finish the job....made it home, so many emotions stirring, Baja , wonderous, mystical, alive with adventure at every turn, strengthening my faith and trust in God, yes!

    ReplyDelete